Each type of weapon is able to deal different types of damage to Behemoths and their body parts. Ensuring your hunting party has a good balance of each damage type is ideal for safely dishing out the most amount of damage while simultaneously securing the desired break-offs.
For an extensive list of each weapon and their statistics, view their respective pages.
Weapon Types[edit | edit source]
Every weapon belongs to one of three attack types, each of these types boast pros and cons to their capabilities in battle.
Attack Types[edit | edit source]
- Slashing: Deals increased Part damage to certain unbroken parts of a Behemoth (Horns, severable Tails, and Wounds).
- Blunt: Boasts higher (x1.33) Stagger damage for knocking down Behemoths.
- Piercing: Deals Wound damage on hit, but can not deal stagger damage without outside buffs. Once a wound damage threshold has been met creates wounded points on a part that increase incoming part damage.
Elemental Types[edit | edit source]
Weapons crafted from the reagents of elementally-charged Behemoths will retain that elemental property. This makes them exceptionally strong against a Behemoth of an opposing element type and slightly weaker against Behemoths of the same element.
|Blaze Power||Deals burning damage to the Behemoth. After reaching a certain threshold, the Behemoth will light on fire and receive DoT for a short period of time.|
|Frost Power||Deals cold damage to the Behemoth. After reaching a damage threshold, the Behemoth will be slowed down by ice.|
|Shock Power||Deals lightning damage with each hit. When a damage threshold is reached, the Behemoth will collapse with a paralysis effect similar to being staggered.|
|Terra Power||Deals green, nature-based damage to the target. After reaching a certain threshold, the Behemoth will display green spiral particles and heal any slayer that attacks it.|
|Radiant Power||Deals light-based damage to the Behemoth.|
|Umbral Power||Deals shadow-based damage to the target.|
Exotic Weapons[edit | edit source]
Exotic weapons are unique variants that alter the special ability (the skill that uses meter charge) of a weapon. They generally require an extensive list of materials to craft and upgrade, but offer a slightly different way of using or playing the weapon. The Hunger (sword) is an example.
Weapon Unique Effects[edit | edit source]
- Weapon Unique Effects are special abilities that are derived from the Behemoth they were made from. These effects could be relatively weak or very strong depending on what it is and what it takes to activate the effect.
- Not all weapons have a Unique Effect at the moment, but Phoenix Labs promise that all weapons will have a Unique Effect.Needs to be confirmed
Videos[edit | edit source]