Each type of weapon is able to deal different types of damage to Behemoths and their body parts. Ensuring your hunting party has a good balance of each damage type is ideal for safely dishing out the most amount of damage while simultaneously securing the desired break-offs.
For an extensive list of each weapon and their statistics, view their respective pages.
Weapon Types[edit | edit source]
Every weapon belongs to one of three weapon types, each of these types boast pros and cons to their capabilities in battle.
- Aether Strikers: Deals high stagger damage, using different techniques that takes up Mantras.
- Axe: Severs and breaks Behemoth parts, and deals bonus damages to Wounded parts.
- Chain Blades: Severs and breaks Behemoth parts, and deals bonus damages to Wounded parts.
- Hammer: Deals very high stagger damage, and can break Behemoth parts.
- Ostian Repeaters: Severs and breaks Behemoth parts, and deals bonus damages to Wounded parts.
- Sword: Severs and breaks Behemoth parts, and deals bonus damages to Wounded parts.
- War Pike: Wounds Behemoth parts, enabling damage bonuses for cutting weapons.
Damage Types[edit | edit source]
- Basic: This damage type is what actually affects the Behemoths health. Deal enough of this damage and your prey shall fall.
- Tends to not show if the Slashing, Stagger and Wound are all appearing at the same time (not that they should do so naturally, unless you set up your Perks to do so).
- Slashing: Deals increased part damage to certain unbroken parts of a Behemoth. Are the only weapons capable of cutting tails and breaking horns.
- Blunt: Boasts higher base Stagger damage for knocking down Behemoths.
- Piercing: Once a damage threshold has been met creates wounded points on a part that increase incoming part damage.
- War Pikes are piercing weapons.
- Unnamed: There is a pure white damage number that currently only appears for the Boreus family of Behemoths. Like when hitting the Skarn's rock armor, you will deal severely reduced damage and any meter you gain with weapons will also be severely reduced.
- This damage type only appears when it summons its ice armor.
- It is unknown if you still deal damage to the Behemoth itself while these numbers appear or if you're only dealing damage to its armor, but it's safe to assume that you still deal a small amount of damage to the Behemoth itself.
Elemental Types[edit | edit source]
Weapons crafted from the reagents of elementally-charged Behemoths will retain that elemental property. This makes them exceptionally strong against a Behemoth of an opposing element type and slightly weaker against Behemoths of the same element.
- Blaze Power: Deals burning damage to the Behemoth. After reaching a certain threshold, the Behemoth will light on fire and receive DoT for a short period of time.
- Shock Power: Deals lightning damage with each hit. When a damage threshold is reached, the Behemoth will collapse with a paralysis effect similar to being staggered.
- Frost Power: Deals cold damage to the Behemoth. After reaching a damage threshold, the Behemoth will be slowed down by ice.
- Terra Power: Deals green, nature-based damage to the target. After reaching a certain threshold, the Behemoth will display green spiral particles and heal any slayer that attacks it.
- Umbral Power: Deals shadow-based damage to the target.
- Radiant Power: Deals light-based damage to the Behemoth.
Exotic Weapons[edit | edit source]
Exotic weapons are unique variants that alter the special ability (the skill that uses meter charge) of a weapon. They generally require an extensive list of materials to craft and upgrade, but offer a slightly different way of using or playing the weapon. The Hunger (sword) is an example.
Weapon Unique Effects[edit | edit source]
- Weapon Unique Effects are special abilities that are derived from the Behemoth they were made from. These effects could be relatively weak or very strong depending on what it is and what it takes to activate the effect.
- Not all weapons have a Unique Effect at the moment, but Phoenix Labs promise that all weapons will have a Unique Effect.Needs to be confirmed
Videos[edit | edit source]