Notice: Patch notes for Open Beta version 0.5.8 are out now! Check them out here!
Each type of weapon is able to deal different types of damage to Behemoths and their body parts. Ensuring your hunting party has a good balance of each damage type is ideal for safely dishing out the most amount of damage while simultaneously securing the desired break-offs.
For an extensive list of each weapon and their statistics, view their respective pages.
Weapon Types[edit | edit source]
Every weapon belongs to one of three weapon types, each of these types boast pros and cons to their capabilities in battle.
- Slashing: Deals increased part damage to certain unbroken parts of a Behemoth. Are the only weapons capable of cutting tails and breaking horns.
- Blunt: Boasts higher base Stagger damage for knocking down Behemoths.
- Hammers are blunt-type weapons.
- Piercing: Creates wounded points on break-offs that increase incoming part damage. Requires a damage threshold to be met to apply the status.
- War Pikes are piercing weapons.
Elemental Weapons[edit | edit source]
Weapons crafted from the reagents of elementally-charged Behemoths will retain that elemental property. This makes them exceptionally strong against a Behemoth of an opposing element type and slightly weaker against Behemoths of the same element.
- Blaze Power: Deals burning damage to the Behemoth. After reaching a certain threshold, the Behemoth will light on fire and receive DoT for a short period of time.
- Shock Power: Deals lightning damage with each hit. When a damage threshold is reached, the Behemoth will collapse with a paralysis effect similar to being staggered.
- Frost Power: Deals cold damage to the Behemoth. Once reaching the damage threshold to proc the effect, the Behemoth will be slowed down by ice.
- Umbral Power: Deals shadow-based damage to the target.
- Radiant Power: Deals light-based damage to the Behemoth.
Exotic weapons are unique variants that alter the special ability (the skill that uses meter charge) of a weapon. They generally require an extensive list of materials to craft and upgrade, but offer a slightly different way of using or playing the weapon.
Videos[edit | edit source]