Each type of weapon is able to deal different types of damage to Behemoths and their body parts. Ensuring your hunting party has a good balance of each damage type is ideal for safely dishing out the most amount of damage while simultaneously securing the desired break-offs.
For an extensive list of each weapon and their statistics, view their respective pages.
Weapon Types[edit | edit source]
Every weapon belongs to one of three weapon types, each of these types boast pros and cons to their capabilities in battle.
- Slashing: Deals increased part damage to certain unbroken parts of a Behemoth. Are the only weapons capable of cutting tails and breaking horns.
- Blunt: Boasts higher base Stagger damage for knocking down Behemoths.
- Hammers are blunt-type weapons.
- Piercing: Once a damage threshold has been met creates wounded points on a part that increase incoming part damage.
- War Pikes are piercing weapons.
Elemental Weapons[edit | edit source]
Weapons crafted from the reagents of elementally-charged Behemoths will retain that elemental property. This makes them exceptionally strong against a Behemoth of an opposing element type and slightly weaker against Behemoths of the same element.
- Blaze Power: Deals burning damage to the Behemoth. After reaching a certain threshold, the Behemoth will light on fire and receive DoT for a short period of time.
- Shock Power: Deals lightning damage with each hit. When a damage threshold is reached, the Behemoth will collapse with a paralysis effect similar to being staggered.
- Frost Power: Deals cold damage to the Behemoth. Once reaching the damage threshold to proc the effect, the Behemoth will be slowed down by ice.
- Umbral Power: Deals shadow-based damage to the target.
- Radiant Power: Deals light-based damage to the Behemoth.
Exotic weapons are unique variants that alter the special ability (the skill that uses meter charge) of a weapon. They generally require an extensive list of materials to craft and upgrade, but offer a slightly different way of using or playing the weapon.
Videos[edit | edit source]