Journal Entry[edit | edit source]
"Some things shouldn’t be negotiable. Like prices. Or promises. Or gravity. "
Mysterious, masked, and in the market for anything, the Middleman has long plied the people of Ramsgate with irresistible cell fusion opportunities, but little else is known about this
enigmatic merchant. He is believed to hail from Ostia, the most advanced industrialized civilization in the Shattered Isles, where he learned the value of trading in anything and everything on the black
market. He has operated in the city of Ramsgate for years, yet only the Regent claims to have ever seen his face.
"A treasure among the dross.”
Perhaps the greatest mystery surrounding the Middleman—besides his true origin, appearance, gender, intentions, age, and so on—is how he is able to carry his stock with him wherever he goes. Some
believe he doesn't—that he simply knows what people want to trade and so brings that with him as needed. Aethersmith Arkan Drew thinks the Middleman may have once been an aethersmith himself, one who now uses a form of aetheric dimensional compression to store his vast stock of cells and proprietary cell-fusion technology.
Whatever the truth is about his methods, the Middleman always seems to have just the cell you need. And sometimes even at the price you want.
Purchasing Cells[edit | edit source]
Slayers can buy a limited set of cells from The Middleman in exchange for Aetherdust or Platinum. The three cells that are currently available are listed in the table below. Currently each cell can be bought multiple times up to a limit depending on the cell.
|Cells for Sale|
|+3 Ragehunter Cell||300||80|
|+2 Overpower Cell||150||40|
|+1 Iceborne Cell||75||20|
Fusing Cells[edit | edit source]
The Middleman also allows slayers to exchange cells in order to obtain higher rarity cells. Slayers will have to wait a certain amount of time in order to complete the fusion, which can be expedited using Ace Chips.
- Fusing 2 cells with the same perk will give a higher rarity cell with that same perk.
- Fusing 2 cells of the same family (i.e. Power, Defense, etc.) will give a higher rarity cell from the same family.
- Fusing 2 cells of different families will give a higher rarity cell of any family.
- Fusing a +3 cell will give a different +3 cell of the same family.
|Component 1||Component 2||Result||Time|
|+1 Overpower||+1 Overpower||+2 Overpower||22 hours|
|+1 Overpower||+1 Rage||Any +2 Power Cell||22 hours|
|+2 Overpower||+2 Conditioning||Any +3 Cell||46 hours|
|Any +3 Cell||2,000||+3 Same Family||70 hours|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Middleman's right slot used to cost 1,000 Platinum. During The Middleman's 1-year anniversary celebration, the right slot was 50% cheaper, making it 500 Platinum.
- Previously, The Middleman's inventory would rotate each week. Every slayer in the game was offered the same items each week, and there was a small chance of there being a Transmog Stone for sale for 100 Platinum or 160 Aetherdust.
Gallery[edit | edit source]